Saturday, July 29, 2006

back online


I've been without broadband for a week or so: one of our next-door neighbours moved out and it seems that someone flipped the wrong switch at the exchange. I was surprised to learn that there are any physical switches left to flip these days, but it turns out that there are.

I'm posting an image here to check that I have understood how to: it's relevant, but I wasn't aiming for 'a picture conveys a thousand words' status this time, as you'll see! Orange Tupperware as a nod to Orange, who have now reconnected me to the outside world.

I received my grant from Guildhall, so it's full steam ahead with this project. I've got stuck into articles that discuss the history and future of multimedia documents, because I find that engaging with those background issues always helps me to focus. There's lots to come to grips with and I must remember not to get too side-tracked: those discussions form the backdrop to my work but are not centre-stage.

No comments: